All roads lead to Rome …






… or so they say. My roads also lead to Rome, for my study exchange.

Rome is amazing with its culture, architecture, beautiful language, pizza on every corner (and how many sorts of pizza!), ice cream and pasta in all kind of shapes.

On the other hand, there is a lot of trash on the streets, where you would not expect it. However, if you are focusing on other parts of this beautiful city, you can get past that.

One thing that can be bothering for a girl from a small country is a number of people that are wandering on streets and around big monuments. They can be so unsustainable. When you just want to come to the park without tripping on someone. There are people everywhere. When it is sunny everyone goes outside and enjoys the weather and greenery. Nothing wrong with that

Nevertheless, when you actually focus on the beauty that is around, you forget about all the people that are around you.

Here are some places that I found beautiful and I could escape in a quiet place, even surrounded by so many people. The bench with a beautiful view of the Coliseum. It is just a bench in a row of other benches, but in my early days here I found it comforting just looking at that magnificent building being covered in sunset light. 



 






The view from the Park Villa Borghese (The picture of the view is on top of the post). When I first walk up there, I was stunned by the view. These curved roofs, uneven and old, but so charming that you can be looking at it for houres. The same thing happened on top of the Castel Sant'Angelo. I know that there can be other views, maybe better from these, but those two are really special to me.  








And the latest is the sea. I was so happy when I saw the sea for the first time in months. There was (surprise, surprise) again a lot of people. However, there was the sea. I just adore the sun, the beach and the sound of the waves. I couldn't stop smiling all the time I was there. It was a Sunday well spent. I hope I will see much more of the Italian coast very soon. 




Love, 
Klara
  

Komentarji

Priljubljene objave iz tega spletnega dnevnika

You never forget your first ...

Music is food for my soul

Fashion is art