Music is food for my soul







When I'm listening to some song, it can bring all kinds of emotions and memories. The memory of the special summer night, road trips with friends, a great concert or it can just brighten up a rainy day.

Some would say that my taste in music is not from this generation. I love music from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.  There are so many artists that wrote so many great pieces of music. I don't choose specific authors. When I like the song, I can listen to it for days. It becomes my jam and then it goes into the library of music that I browse when I need some bust or tunes for dancing while cooking.

It is interesting how every person has their own taste in music. Where does it come from? Why we listen to one kind of music and other is just unhearable for us?


In my early age I was exposed to all, our traditional music with accordion, music from my generation and also old time music. For that I’m grateful to my father, with his records and Youtube playlists, while we were cooking or cleaning.

Billy Ocean - Love Really Hurts Without You


The Beach Boys, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Wouldn't It Be Nice

Leonard Cohen - Dance Me to the End of Love


From nowadays music I'm also choosing on the base how I feel when I  listen to a song. I love George Ezra and his sweet, quirky, emotional, deep songs that can lift you up and get you dancing or help you get through some bad stuff. The Hanson guys that still make music so good. Country music is the other one that I admire. Not all, but some tunes are really great, for example, I love a group called Home Free, their voices sound amazing together. I love some Slovenian artists.  Croatian music, from big singers or their more traditional music from groups called klape. The fusion of voices and sounds of guitars and mandolins, amazing lyrics (not always), takes me back to summer vacations in Croatia and lyrics make me believe in love, friendship, the beauty of nature, old cities and the sea.

George Ezra - Pretty Shining People

Scouting For Girls - Dancing In the Daylight

Travis Tritt - It's A Great Day To Be Alive (Home Free Cover)

Carlos Rivera - Regrésame Mi Corazón


However, more and more I realised that I can't pretend that I like going to clubs with techno music, DJs and all other kinds of new music. It doesn't make me feel anything close to other songs. I can’t pretend for the sake of being accepted by people.

I know that we all have different taste of music and I respect that, I just want point out that we have a lot of good music in the past and some now, but we have to know how to separate the weed from the weeds. But when a musician doesn't need a dancing crew of half-naked girls and boys, no autotune, no big fireworks or other gadgets. Just instruments, voices and a crowd so happy to be singing along to their favourite songs.

Love, Klara

Komentarji

Priljubljene objave iz tega spletnega dnevnika

You never forget your first ...

Fashion is art